Sunday, March 28, 2010

Our House in the middle of our street...

I just have to say that I love meeting people, talking with them, learning about them. There is nothing more poignant than making new friends.

My friends are from so many different backgrounds. Not one of them is the same; each being a veritable individual. We have our arguments, discussions on worldly issues, random banter, and jokes, but accept each other implicitly. I find it is the differences that make these individuals so interesting, and I find them all unique and wonderful.

I pride myself on being a good host to those that visit my house, no matter the circumstance. Friends are always welcome to pop by, and they know they can find a bed, a shoulder, and an ear, in good and bad times. My house has seen a world of people enter its doors, people that come from so many different worlds to my own.
 I have always believed that 'variety is the spice of life', and that it is the differences that make everything more interesting, and it is through that that I have learned to enjoy people more. I have always tried to learn from people, and tried to see how the world seems to them, and I am sometimes surprised by how they answer.

My house is always open to a friendly face, a story, and a cup of coffee between friends, and I hope that people start to understand that it is not through violence and intolerance that we will change the world for the better, but by being understanding, and always keeping an open mind, and a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment